Vegan MoFo

Vegan MoFo

Saturday 2 January 2016

Italian inspired stir fried rice


My food choices at present are dictated by a couple of things - my fridge is virtually useless and things are keeping very poorly in there and have to be used up quickly and secondly my planned shift in a few weeks means I am trying to empty my freezer.
today I had leftover brown rice, 1/2 chopped onion and 1/2 courgette& 1/2 a capsicum (bell pepper) in the fridge to use and a packet of frozen spinach - there were also sundried tomatoes, olives and capers jars in the fridge and half a pot of "gloriously garlic hummus"  & I had discovered several jars of dried mushrooms in my pantry ... so here goes

soak the 1/4 cup dried mushrooms (mine were chanterelles) in hot water
saute 1/2 chopped onion
add chopped capsicum & courgette, sauté until onion brown and caramelised 
1 tsp of crushed garlic (or 1-2 gloves chopped fresh garlic) 
add 1-2 tbs chopped sundried tomatoes
4-5 chopped black olives 
1-2 tsp of capers
stir in 1 cup of thawed frozen spinach
add 1 cup of cooked brown rice
season with tuscan seasoning and truffle salt (if you have it) and fresh ground black pepper

warm a tortilla, spread with gloriously garlic hummus and fill with the rice mixture
or serve the rice mixture in a bowl topped with the garlic hummus
or both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.